For Marilda Sotomayor’s CV, please click HERE.
For images of the event click HERE.
Please check HERE for Prof. Alvin Roth’s Presentation on Prof. Marilda Sotomayor’s fundamental contributions to Matching Theory
NEW: Call for Papers
Journal of Dynamics and Games is pleased to invite paper submissions for
Matching : Theory and Applications,
a Special Issue dedicated to Marilda Sotomayor on the occasion of her 70th birthday.
Marilda Sotomayor is a foundational figure in the development of matching theory and applications in economics with seminal contributions on the structural, game theoretic and mechanism design aspects of the basic model and its extensions. Her volume, Two-Sided Matching (1992), co-authored with 2012 Nobel laureate Roth is the singular textbook in the area, which was awarded the prestigious Frederick W. Lanchester Prize.
Papers are welcome on all aspects of matching games and markets, theoretical as well as applied, including the analysis and design of institutions or marketplaces, e.g. for jobs or school choice, for houses or organ exchange.
Please submit your paper directly to one of the invited editors using their email.
Sabancı University, Turkey
Jesús David Pérez Castrillo
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
Vanderbilt University, USA
University of Technology, Australia
Submissions deadline: 28 of February 2015.
JDG webpage: http://aimsciences.org/journals/home.jsp?journalID=26
Profs. Alvin Roth, Vijay Krishna and Myrna Wooders and Prof. David Pérez-Castrillo’s Mini-Course Lecture Notes are available HERE.
Also, please check the “ex-post” updated schedule HERE.
It is a great pleasure to invite you to participate in the SÃO PAULO SCHOOL OF ADVANCED SCIENCES ON GAME THEORY AND ECONOMIC APPLICATIONS – INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON GAME THEORY AND ECONOMIC APPLICATIONS OF THE GAME THEORY SOCIETY (IWGTS-2014), to celebrate the 70th birthday of Marilda Sotomayor. It will be held at the University of São Paulo, from July 25 to July 31, 2014.
The workshop will offer the participants the opportunity to interact with some of the most productive researchers in Game Theory. The week-long event will consist of mini-courses, conferences and contributed papers sessions, which will be complemented with a round table for discussions on themes of interest of the participants. The courses will start at the introductory level and will reach the frontiers of current research.
Prof. Alvin E. Roth, Nobel Laureate 2012, will present a mini-course on Market Design in our workshop. Furthermore, Prof. Eric S. Maskin, Nobel Laureate, 2007, Prof. Robert J. Aumann, Nobel Laureate, 2005 and Prof. John F. Nash Jr., Nobel Laureate, 1994, will present Plenary Lectures at IWGTS-2014.
The IWGTS will also offer mini-courses on Social Choice and Fair Allocations by Prof. Hervé Moulin (U. of Glasgow), Information Theory by Prof. David Perez-Castrillo (U. Autonoma de Barcelona), Cooperative Games by Prof. Roberto Serrano (Brown U.), Stochastic Games by Prof. T.E.S. Raghavan (U. of Illinois at Chicago), Auction Theory by Prof. Vijay Krishna (Pennsylvania S. U.) and Clubs, Coalitions and Networks by Prof. Myrna Wooders (Vanderbilt U.).
I am looking forward to welcome you in Sao Paulo in July!
Marilda Sotomayor, USP, Brazil.
Mauricio Bugarin, UnB, Brazil.
LOCAL ORGANIZER COMMITTEE:
Chair: Marilda Sotomayor, USP, Brazil
- Gustavo Andrey, Fundação Getúlio Vargas/SP
- Mauricio Bugarin, Universidade Brasília
- Adhemar Villani Junior, INSPER/SP
Chair: Marilda Sotomayor, Universidade de São Paulo/SP, Brazil
- Georgy Artemov (UNIV. OF MELBOURNE)
- Steven Brams (NYU)
- Mauricio Bugarin (UnB)
- Geoffroy De Clippel (BROWN UNIV.)
- Olivier Gossner (LONDON SCHOOL OF ECON.)
- Paulo Klinger (FGV/RJ)
- Fuhito Kojima (STANFORD UNIV.)
- Vijay Krishna (PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY)
- Wilfredo Maldonado (UNIV. CATÓLICA DE BRASILIA)
- Humberto Moreira (FGV/RJ)
- Hervé Moulin (GLASGOW UNIV.)
- Marina Nunez (UNIV. DE BARCELONA)
- Alvaro Sandroni (UNIV. OF PENNSYLVANIA)
- Amparo Urbano (UNIV. DE VALENCIA)
- Federico Valenciano (UNIV. DEL PAIS BASCO)
- Bernhard Von Stengel (LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS)
- John Wooders (UNIV. OF TECHNOLOGY SYDNEY)
- Myrna Wooders (VANDERBILT UNIV.)
- MARKET DESIGN - ALVIN ROTH (Stanford University)
- SOCIAL CHOICE AND FAIR DIVISION - HERVÉ MOULIN (University of Glasgow)
- INFORMATION THEORY - DAVID PEREZ-CASTRILLO (University Autonoma de Barcelona)
- COOPERATIVE GAMES - ROBERTO SERRANO (Brown University)
- STOCHASTIC GAMES: ALGORITHMS AND EXISTENCE - T. E. S. RAGHAVAN (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- INTRODUCTION TO AUCTION THEORY - VIJAY KRISHNA (Pennsylvania State University)
- CLUBS, COALITIONS AND NETWORKS - MYRNA WOODERS (Vanderbilt University)
All the courses will be ministered in parallel, except for “Market Design”.
- AUMANN, ROBERT: Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
- HART, SERGIU: Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel.
- MASKIN, ERIC: Harvard University, USA
- NASH, JOHN: Princeton University, USA
- ROTH, ALVIN: Stanford University, USA.
- SCHMEIDLER, DAVID: Interdisciplinary Center in Herzliya, Israel.
- SOTOMAYOR, MARILDA: Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil.
- ARAÚJO, ALOÍSIO: Instituto de Matemática Pura e Aplicada, Fundação Getúlio Vargas/RJ, BR
- BARBERA, SALVADOR: MOVE, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona and Barcelona GSE, ES
- BRAMS , STEVEN: New York University, US
- DUBEY, PRADEEP: State University of New York, Stony Brook, US
- KLINGER, PAULO: Fundação Getúlio Vargas/RJ, BR
- KRISHNA, VIJAY: Pennsylvania State University, US
- MOULIN, HERVÉ: University of Glasgow, UK
- NEYMAN, ABRAHAM: Hebrew University of Jerusalém, IL
- SAMUELSON, LARRY: University of Yale, US
- SANDRONI, ALVARO: Northwestern University, US
- TAUMAN, YAIR: State University of New York, Stony Brook, US
- THOMSON, WILLIAM: University of Rochester, US
- WOODERS, MYRNA: Vanderbilt University, US
- ZAMIR, SHMUEL: Hebrew University of Jerusalém, IL
Speakers for the special sessions:
- A. ALKAN, Sabanci University, TR
- G. ARTEMOV, University of Melbourne, AU
- I. DRAGAN, University of Texas, USA
- I. MACHO-STADLER, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, SP
- H. MOREIRA, Fundação Getúlio Vargas, BR
- R. NAGEL, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, SP
- M. NUNEZ, Universitat de Barcelona, SP
- A. URBANO, Universidad de Valencia, SP
- F. VALENCIANO, Universidad del País Vasco, SP
- J. WOODERS, University of Technology Sidney, AU
IWGTS Homepage: http://www.iwgts.fea.usp.br/